You’ve been to our bouts and thought “HEY! I could do that!”
You’ve been looking for a reason to dust off those old skates of yours.
You need some motivation to get off the couch.
You think you have what it takes to be a Cornfed Derby Dame… so prove it already!
Muncie’s own Cornfed Derby Dames will be hosting a CLINIC for new skaters and referees on SATURDAY, JUNE 9TH, 2012. The clinic will be held at Gibson Skating Arena from 10:00am – 12:00pm, and will cost $5.00 at the door. We will focus mainly on basic skating skills and the basic rules of roller derby.
NOTE: You must be 18 years of age or older to attend this clinic. We are a women’s league, so you must be female to be a Cornfed Derby Dame. Referees, however, may be male or female.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
– quad skates
– knee pads
– elbow pads
– wrist guards
– a mouth guard
– a helmet.
These items may be purchased locally at:
Gibson Skating Arena (Muncie)
Vital Skates (Fountain Square, Indianapolis)
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Sign up via e-mail: Send your FULL NAME and whether you will be attending as a REFEREE or a SKATER to email@example.com by Wednesday, June 6th.
2. SKATE! Hit up the open skates at Gibson’s, find some outdoor wheels and skate outside, skate in your kitchen… just skate! Just get rollin’ and get comfortable. It’s getting hot out, so don’t skimp on your water intake!
3. Start checking out the WFTDA rules and WFTDA MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIREMENTS.
4. Please make sure that you have all of the required gear for the clinic day. If you have any trouble with this, let us know immediately. If you don’t have all of your gear, you will not be skating with us.
1. Come early! Check in at the door at 9:45am, start gearing up, and be on the floor by 10:00am.
2. Make sure you come dressed to SKATE. Comfortable workout clothes!
3. Bring plenty of WATER.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this clinic or joining the league.